segunda-feira, dezembro 17, 2012

First time: doze anos


I love you because the earth turns round the sun,
because the North wind blows north sometimes,
because the Pope is Catholic
and most Rabbis Jewish.
because winters flow into springs and the air clears after a storm,
because only my love for you despite the charms of gravity keeps me from falling off this Earth into another dimension.

I love you because it is the natural order of things,
I love you like the habit I picked up in college of sleeping through lectures or saying I'm sorry when I get stopped for speeding.
because I drink a glass of water in the morning and chain-smoke cigarettes all through the day,
because I take my coffee Black and my milk with chocolate,
because you keep my feet warm though my life a mess
I love you, because I don't want it any other way.
I am helpless in my love for you
It makes me so happy to hear you call my name
I am amazed you can resist locking me in an echo chamber where your voice reverberates through the four walls sending me into spasmatic ecstasy

I love you because it's been so good for so long
that if I didn't love you I'd have to be born again
and that is not a theological statement.
I am pitiful in my love for you

The Dells tell me Love is so simple the thought though of you sends indescribably delicious multitudinous thrills throughout and through-in my body

I Love you because no two snowflakes are alike and it is possible if you stand tippy-toe to walk between the raindrops

I love you because I am afraid of the dark and can't sleep in the light
because I rub my eyes when I wake up in the morning and find you there
because you with all your magic powers were determined that I should love you
because there was nothing for you but that I would love you
I love you because you made me want to love you more
than I love my privacy
my freedom
my commitments and responsibilities

I love you 'cause I changed my life to love you
because you saw me one friday afternoon and decided that I would love you

I love you
I love you
I love you

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário